Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nameberry Guide to Girl Names

This week Nameberry brought out their new must have guide to girls names - titled 'The Nameberry Guide to the Best Baby Names for Girls'. It's not just a list of names with meanings, it's much more. Pam and Linda have handpicked a selection of names that are either classic, stylish or adventurous, and offered some insight into what makes each name worth considering. If you're tired of looking through endless lists full of names you'd never dream of using, then this could be the book you've been looking for.

So what are some of the names in this book, you ask? Well, to give you a preview of what you can expect, I thought I'd pick out an A-Z of the names I either loved the most, found the most intriguing or just hadn't heard before from the book. I have to admit, some were pretty hard to pick, as a lot of my favourites are in there! But here we go....

A - Abra
B - Bay
C - Celestia
D - Domino
E - Echo
F - Fenella
G - Gia
H - Hadley
I - Isolde
J - Juniper
K - Kiki
L - Lorca
M - Minta
N - Natalia
O - Odessa
P - Peridot
Q - Quinn
R - Romilly
S - Sage
T - Tamar
U - Unity
VVienna
W - Waverly
X - Xanthe
Y - Yvaine
Z - Zadie

I'd love to hear what names from the book you pick as your favourites. And if you're thinking that girl's names are easy, it's the boys that you struggle with, the great news is that they also brought out a boys version a few months ago. I'll name my picks from that book in my next post, so watch this space.



2 comments:

  1. I don't have the book but I generally like their style. My favorites from your picks above are Juniper, Romilly and Xanthe. :) Lovely blog! I'll be adding it to my blog roll on my site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's not too hard to tell that Juniper is a long time favourite of mine :)

      Delete